Temporary acceptance of TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition and IELTS Indicator Test
Due to the current situation, the SPRING admission committee also accepts the proof of language proficiency by TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition and IELTS Indicator Test.
- All applications must be submitted in English
- The admission committee accepts applications as hardcopies via regular mail or as scanned copies via email
- For application, you don’t need to submit any originals or certified copies. Simple hard copies respectively scanned copies are sufficient. Nevertheless, translations must be made by a certified translator
- When coming to Dortmund, you need to bring the original recommendation letters as well as a certified copy of your university certificate, your transcript of records and your high school certificate. The certified copies of the university certificate and the transcript of records must be presented at the international office, whereas the original recommendation letters and the certified copy of the high school certificate will be kept by the SPRING administration
- A Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in a field related to Regional or Urban Planning with grades significantly above average
- A high standard of proficiency in written and spoken English:
- TOEFL (TOEFL iBT score of minimum 80) Please have your TOEFL-certificate sent to the institutional code 8523
- IELTS (6,0)
- Two years of professional practice is desirable and
- A strong commitment to further work in regional development planning
- For applicants for a DAAD scholarship: You should not have graduated from university more than 6 years ago.
- For German applicants: professional practice in developing countries is desirable
- For Chinese & Vietnamese applicants: TU Dortmund University only accepts applications, if the complete application package with school certificates also contains the original certificate by the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) of the German Embassy in Bejing for Chinese and Hanoi for Vietnamese applicants.
- The completed and signed SPRING application form
- A typed Curriculum Vitae in Europass format. Please choose the format highlighted in green, which facilitates finding the relevant information for the selection procedure.
- Copy of university certificate
- Copy of the university issued official transcript of courses and grades including an explanation of grades
- Explanation of grades (if it is not part of the transcript)
- Two relevant letters of recommendation (professional and academic)
- Original or copy of proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS); not applicable for native English speakers
- Copy of A-level or high school certificate
Required documents for a DAAD scholarship application:
The DAAD-website explaining which documents have to be submitted for an application to a scholarship for an EPOS degree program can be found here.
Please check that your application documents are complete before sending them to the program!
The SPRING Master Programme always welcomes applications from German and European candidates.
- The SPRING Master is a consecutive program. It is open to applicants with a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in a field related to Regional or Urban Planning with noticeable focus on developing/emerging countries or respectively developing cooperation.
- It would be desirable to provide evidence of planning related working experience.
- Furthermore the applicant needs to substantiate experience abroad, for instance through internships in the field of development cooperation (3-6 months).
For everything else, the requirements mentioned above also apply to German & European Applicants.
Acknowledgement of receipt
Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation of receipt within one week after submission of your application
If you have any questions regarding the SPRING application, do not hesitate to contact us
Search & People Search
CalendarTo event list
Location & approach
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".Zum Lageplan